Some conferences that typically attract governance professionals of Canadian companies are The Canadian Institute’s Annual Conference on Crown Corporate Governance, The International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN) Annual Conference, and the Governance Professionals of Canada’s Annual Corporate Governance Conference, among others.
1. The Canadian Institute’s 16th Annual Conference on Crown Corporate Governance
- The Canadian Institute is part of the C5 group of companies that host events, summits, and conferences that provide business insights and intelligence to help business leaders navigate challenges and leverage opportunities in their industries.
- The Institute’s 16th Annual Conference on Crown Corporate Governance will be a virtual event that aims to help governance professionals in Canada navigate a complicated governance environment, react to an ever-changing risk landscape, and take control of what the future will bring.
- The event will be held online from January 19 to January 20, 2021 (Eastern Standard Time).
- We selected it as a conference that may attract board member of Canadian companies since it is an annual event that is being marketed to corporate governance professionals.
2. The International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN) 2021 Annual Conference
- The International Corporate Governance Network’s annual conference for 2021 will be held at the Fairmont Royal York in Toronto, Ontario from October 25 to October 27, 2021. It will be hosted by the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP), with the Royal Bank of Canada as a premier partner.
- The conference will celebrate ICGN’s 25th anniversary and reflect on the achievements so far while peeking into the future to prioritize reforms.
- The annual conference’s expert speakers will offer crucial insights on governance best practices and provide attendees with some future priorities for companies, stakeholders, and investors.
- We have included this conference on our list because ICGN expects more than 500 influential governance professionals to attend the conference.
3. The Governance Professionals of Canada’s Annual Corporate Governance Conference
- GPC’s Corporate Governance Conference is an annual event that attracts board members and directors in Canada to discuss the state of corporate governance, the future, and best practices.
- The 2021 conference has not been planned yet, but the 2020 one was held virtually on October 6th and 7th 2020.
- This conference has made the list because its speakers are drawn from corporate governance, and the 2020 event saw detailed discussions about governance professionals and the future of governance.
4. Strategic Foresight Virtual Workshop by the Conference Board of Canada
- The Conference Board of Canada is organizing a virtual strategic foresight training workshop for business leaders and board members. During the workshop, attendees will learn about some of the tools and methods to use in identifying future scenarios and make appropriate decisions for the organizations.
- The workshop will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays for three weeks. There are two sessions left; March 23 to April 8 and May 18 to June 3, 2021.
5. The ICD National Conference
- The Institute of Corporate Directors’ National Conference is a leading event in Canada where corporate board directors in Canada can improve their understanding of current issues for better board-level decision making.
- During the conference, there is also the Fellowship Awards which celebrate directorship excellence as they “honor the accomplishments of the incoming ICD Fellows and their dedication to outstanding board leadership. “
- The dates and location for this year’s event have not been released yet.
- We chose this conference for the list because it is a premier event in Canada aimed at corporate directors.
6. The Second Annual Co-op and Credit Union Governance Summit
- The Second Annual Co-op and Credit Union Governance Summit is a webinar designed to offer board members and senior leaders deep insights on “resilience, diversity and inclusion, purpose governance and more.”
- It will be held on February 1 from 12:00 PM to 4:15 PM EST.
- We have included this event in this list because its prospective attendees are board members, senior managers, and governance professionals from co-operatives and credit unions. Besides, the event is hosted by the Governance Professionals of Canada.
7. The Art of Board Presentations and the Governance Professional’s Role in Adding Value
- This event will a webinar hosted by the Governance Professionals of Canada, and the key speaker will be Sylvia Groves, the president of Governance Studio.
- During this half-day interactive workshop, governance professionals will learn about what makes a good board presentation, some specific rules to develop, among other aspects that will help them ace board presentations.
- The webinar will be held on Feb 11 2021, from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM. We have included it in this list because it is targeted at governance professionals and board members looking to improve their board presentations and add value.