To determine some top home office furniture, we looked at products that had not only a top rating, but also had a lot of positive reviews. We utilized lists from reputable sites like Forbes that provided either top-rated or items with highly sought-after features. For the latter, we made sure that the products we chose had at least a four-star average review and had at least 500 positive reviews. This criteria indicated that the product is popular and purchased frequently.
- According to Forbes, some top-rated desks include those from Coleshome, Walker Edison, Tribesigns, and Seville Classics.
Coleshome Modern Simple Style Desk
- The Coleshome Modern Simple Style desk can be purchased on Amazon for just over $65.
- The desk measures 31 inches high, comes in three metal colors, and positive reviews say that it is easy to assemble, is very sturdy, and perfect for smaller home offices.
- This product has an average rating of 4.4 stars and has 4,215 five-star reviews.
Walker Edison L-Shaped Desk
- The Walker Edison Modern L-shaped Desk can be purchased on Amazon for just over $95.
- This desk is 29 inches high, comes in six styles, and positive reviews say that it is easy to modify, long-lasting, and can support the weight of multiple monitors or other equipment.
- This product has an average rating of 4.5 stars and has 6,165 five-star reviews.
Tribesigns Large Computer Desk
- The Tribesigns Large Computer Desk can be purchased on Amazon for $190.
- This desk is 29 inches high and comes in 55 or 63 inches long. It comes in 12 colors, is made of steel, and positive reviews say that it is easy to assemble and great for large work spaces or to use multiple monitors.
- This product has an average rating of 4.4 stars and has 4,481 five-star reviews.
Seville Classics AIRLIFT Electric Standing Desk
- The Seville Classics standing desk can be purchased from Amazon for just over $500, depending on the style chosen.
- The desk starts at 25 inches high and can be adjusted to be up to 51 inches high. The desk has dual motors for electronic adjustment, has an LED height display, and comes in 11 colors.
- Positive reviews say that the desk is easy to assemble, features height memory settings, and is sturdy.
- This product has an average rating of 4.7 stars and 75% of the reviews for each color are five-stars.
- This list from Forbes shows that some top home office desk chairs include the Alori Task Chair and the Flash Furniture Mesh Chair,
Alori Task Chair
- The Alori Task Chair can be purchased from Wayfair for $76.
- This chair comes in two colors and has a mesh back, lumbar support, synchro tilt, and tilt lock. Customer reviews say that it is comfortable and easy to put together.
- The product has an average rating of 4.6 stars and has 684 five-star reviews.
Flash Furniture Mesh Drafting Chair
- The Flash Furniture Mesh Chair can be purchased from Amazon for $118.
- The chair has an ergonomic design with a mesh back and has lumbar support, tilt lock, and comes in 15 styles.
- It has an average rating of 4.2 stars and has 3,420 five-star ratings.
Other Home Office Furniture
- The NY Times shows that some other top-rated home office furniture includes the Ergodriven Topo Comfort Mat, the Lorell Filing Cabinet, and TaoTronics Desk Lamp.
Ergodriven Topo Comfort Mat
- The Topo Comfort Mat can be purchased from Amazon for $99.
- The mat is intended for use with a standing desk and is made of plastic with an ergonomic design that comes in four colors.
- Positive reviews say that the mat is very comfortable and has helped many people relieve feet, leg, and back pain.
- It has an average rating of 4.7 stars and has 2,601 five-star reviews.
Lorell Filing Cabinet
- The Lorell 18-deep 2-drawer Filing Cabinet can be purchased from Amazon for $71.
- The drawers are 18 inches deep and have locks. Positive reviews say that the cabinet is very durable, not too heavy, and easy to assemble.
- The cabinet has an average rating of 4.5 stars and has 2,362 five-star reviews.
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp
- The TaoTronics LED Eye Caring Desk Lamp can be purchased from Amazon for just under $30.
- It comes in four colors and has a flicker-free LED bulb that has multiple light color and brightness options, as well as a built-in USB charging port.
- The lamp has an average rating of 4.8 stars and has 19,575 five-star reviews.
Home Office Furniture Trends
1. Storage Space
- Storage space is becoming more important as more people work from home full-time.
- Furniture that has closed storage space, with features like drawers and doors, are popular because they allow work items to be hidden away.
- The jump in demand for extra storage is partly driven by research that has shown that cluttered office spaces can decrease productivity.
- Storage is also being driven by the need to feel a division between work and home, especially when people cannot have a dedicated closed-door office space, as more people work at home due to the pandemic.
- Wayfair stated that filing cabinets and bookcases saw the greatest recent sales increase of all their home office items.
- One company that is related to this trend is California Closets, which said that its home office storage installations increased from 10% to 15% since the pandemic started.
2. Aesthetically Pleasing Furniture
- Home office furniture is starting to shift from basic designs to more colorful, personalized pieces.
- This trend is driven by the move to working from home full-time for many people, which means their offices are used more often, seen more often, and are becoming an important part of their home.
- It is becoming more important to people that the furniture and decor in their home offices match the rest of their home.
- More people are choosing office color palettes that they enjoy, which has shown to motivate people to be more focused and relaxed.
- Bookshelves are being used more often to combine office storage and places to display personalized decor.
- Wayfair is a company that is participating in this trend. The company is seeing an increase in sales of office aesthetic items such as glass-top desks and earth-tone furniture and rugs.