To develop 2-3 case studies of healthcare-focused organizations (e.g., networks, specialists, insurance providers) that use Tik Tok as a successful component of their marketing efforts, as well as commonalities and best practices for using Tik Tok for healthcare marketing. Additionally, to identify whether any security concerns exist for healthcare companies using Tik Tok as part of their marketing efforts. This information may be used to develop a social media strategy in the healthcare industry.
Two best practices for healthcare marketing on TikTok include creating a profile that fosters a personal connection and publishing adaptable content based on topics that are trending.
1. Creating a Profile That Fosters a Personal Touch
- According to Etactics, TikTok does not distinguish between business and regular users, further necessitating the need to create a profile that defines the account’s healthcare practice.
- With 41% of TikTok users aged between 16-25, the fastest approach to influencer marketing on the app is creating a personal profile instead of a business one, where the user develops content related to the practice, sharing more about the practice with the increase in the number of followers.
- One best practice is coming up with a catchy username that reflects the healthcare services offered by the practice, making it easier for other users to find the profile.
- An example of a successfully implemented profile username is Nurse Molly, a nurse who uses the @hollygrace95 handle, whose catchy username is easier to find and appears among the top search results for the word “nurse.”
- This approach helps drive interest to the user’s profile and eventually, the practice, enabling users to establish themselves as experts in their healthcare fields while connecting with followers personally.
- On the other hand, business profiles find it harder to establish personal connections with audiences, especially small healthcare providers. The likely reason for this is that users generally follow business accounts to receive sales insights, with only 23% following them for their funny content, which is the key driver of TikTok connections.
2. Creating Adaptable Content
- According to Moxy Company, some content publishing best practices on TikTok include creating content based on the latest trends, the target audience’s tastes and preferences, and trending video caption hashtags, enabling the content to feature on the “For You” page.
- TikTok provides users with a one-minute time limit to record videos using various editing features, including a range of filters and effects, which are sorted and posted on users’ “For You” pages based on the hashtags captioned and AI-driven algorithms on their likes and profiles followed. Being mindful of the surroundings and patient’s privacy is one of the top concerns when creating the videos.
- Media Logic recommends that healthcare marketers adapt accordingly and follow trending content that they can implement themselves, which is easily accessible from the “Discover” and “For You” pages, including memes, dances, soundtracks, and templated content, noting that 49% of consumers depend on influencer recommendations, with Millennials and GenZ trusting influencers more than celebrities.
- Remixing trending videos to include personal touches, such as specific effects, timing, and soundtracks on videos also helps popularize profiles.
- Additionally, TikTok duets, where users respond to another user’s video by creating a corresponding one and simultaneously hosting both of them side by side, help reach a larger audience, especially if the initial video creator reciprocates by doing the same.
- Etactics also recommends engaging the TikTok community as a healthcare provider by offering health tips and responding to content-related queries from users, which will encourage them to follow the profile more closely.
- An example of successfully implemented healthcare-related content on TikTok includes the “character select” trend published by an interventional radiologist with the handle @xraydoctor. The content garnered over 7,000 views, about 600 favorites, about 20 comments, and about ten shares.
- Andrew RN, whose handle is @nurse_andy, is another healthcare professional featured for his creative content.